Any information we collect on our website is only collected with your consent. The information we collect is considered Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Personal Identifiable Information refers to information that specifically lets us know who you are (i.e. your name, residential address, billing information, credit card, telephone number, email address, username or password). Personal Identifiable Information is only taken when an order is placed, or you create a StarOne online account. Any personal information that you provide us will be used to process a transaction you requested, and to process a payment. By providing us with your personal information and ordering from us, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information for these purposes.
Other information that may be collected when visiting our Website is Anonymous (Non-Personally Identifiable Information), which includes IP addresses, demographic information, and any other information that does not reveal your identity.
External Links: This website contains links to other sites and StarOne Tickets is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
How Information Collected is Used
We do not sell, trade, or rent any Personal Information you provide to us on our Website. Any information collected is used for purchases and is saved in your StarOne account directly on our Website.
By using our service and providing us with your personal information, you consent to the following:
- Personal information is used to deliver your order that you requested
- Used to process your order with the billing information provided
- To communicate with you the status of your order
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support
- Complete analysis about your interests and products/services you purchase in order to allow you the opportunity to provide us feedback on the events you attend
- Send you content tailored to your specific interests
- In the case you choose FedEx delivery, certain information will be shared with FedEx for delivery purposes
If you have signed up to receive promotional information from StarOne, we may use your information to communicate by email. Only in the case that you sign-up for our Gold Membership or Monthly Newsletter, will we send you any information regarding upcoming events or exclusive offers. You have the option of opting out at any time by logging in to your StarOne account.
Regardless of how we use your personal information, the points described in this Privacy Statement will protect it.
Your financial information may be used to process payment for any sales or purchases made on our website or through the phone. StarOne will also protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions. Your financial information may also be used to facilitate refunds for possible errors in charges.
With whom we share your information
We want our customers to understand who we may share personal or anonymous information we collected about you on our website while using our services.
- Personal information: We do not share your personal information with anyone without your consent and in the following situations:
- Delivery: In the case you chose FedEx for delivery, some of your personal information would be given to FedEx only for delivery purposes.
How you can access your information
If you have a StarOne online account, you can update your personal information at any time by logging into your account.
If for any reason you want to delete your StarOne online account please call customer service. After your account is closed, you will no longer be able to update your personal information through our website. You are able to create a new account at any time.
If you choose to close your StarOne account, we may still retain certain information about your account for recordkeeping purposes to collect any fees owed, and to prevent any fraudulent activity. The StarOne retention policy is in place in order to prevent personal information being kept for a period longer than necessary to deliver products purchased using StarOne's services.
How Personal Information is Protected
We take appropriate security measures to ensure your personal information is safeguarded from unauthorized disclosure. Only authorized employees are permitted to access your personal information, and will only be done to complete business functions. Any personal information provided to us through our website is protected by secured encryption and firewalls to ensure unauthorized persons cannot gain access to your personal information.
Users should always be diligent in how they disclose personal information. Users should avoid disclosing personal information through insecure email.
Blogs & Reviews
Some areas of our website allow users to post information (i.e. post reviews, our StarOne blog, testimonials). These postings are governed under our Terms and Conditions. Any information you post in these areas of our website may appear on other websites or through searches made on the subject of your posting. Any information you voluntarily disclose will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who views your information you voluntarily post, and how they will use that information. Please post with caution when disclosing any personal information.
Our website is for a general audience and users can only create a StarOne account if they are 18 years and older. No personal information will be taken from children 17 and under.
Where we store your information
We do not share your personal information with others except with your consent and in the following situations:
- Authorized service providers - We may share your personal information with our third party business partners and vendors that perform certain services on our behalf. This includes processing credit card payments, delivering packages, customer service assistance, and any marketing assistance including contests, e-mailers, surveys and features on our website. These business partners may have access to your personal information in order to perform their functions, but are not permitted to share your information.
- We sell tickets on the secondary market, and in doing so we do not represent the venues, promoters, fan clubs, or teams. We collect and use your information in the purposes of providing ticketing related services to you. We may use your information to send you your tickets, provide you with event-related communications, such as when and/or where you can expect to receive your tickets, and for other such ticketing related purposes.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
1120 Finch Avenue West, Suite 504
Toronto, ON M3J 3H7
Local 416.665.0529 / Toll Free 888.665.8499